On March 2, 2021, the NMPA announced (No.17-2021) 7 major updates on the Safety and Technical Standards for Cosmetics (2015 version) with effect from May 1, 2021 onwards.
3 New Testing Methods
The following three cosmetics testing methods have been newly added into the regulation with immediate effect:
- In Vitro Mammalian Cells Micronucleus Test
- Test Method for Efficacy Measurement of Skin Whitening Cosmetic Products
- Test Method for Efficacy Measurement of Anti-hair Loss Cosmetic Products
4 Existing Approaches for Chemical Determination
The following four existing approaches for chemical determination in cosmetics have been revised and will come into effect from May 1, 2021 onwards:
- Determination of preservatives in cosmetics
- Determination of boric acid and borate in cosmetics
- Determination of p-Phenylenediamine and other 32 kinds of components in cosmetics
- Determination of Tretinoin and other 7 kinds of components in cosmetics
By Jacky Li. Contact Cisema if you would like to learn more.