On November 26, 2020, the State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) announced certain temporary measures for on-site inspection on special food products in China:
- Once notified about the application approval, applicants must confirm the date of inspection within 30 working days.
- The Center for Food Evaluation (CFE) will randomly select 3 – 5 inspectors from its personnel database to form an inspection team.
- The inspection team will submit the inspection report (including log book and reported issues), written statement of the applicant and samples to the CFE.
- If the applicant is required to implement any corrective measures, the corrective measures shall be completed within 10 working days and submit a corrective action report to the provincial unit of the SAMR.
- The CFE is responsible for reviewing the inspection report, inspection summary and the corrective action report before the granting the registration approval
- For overseas on-site inspection, the applicant is responsible to arrange a translator during the inspection process and should ensure that the language of the submitted documents is in Chinese
By Jacky Li. Contact Cisema if you would like to learn more.