China cosmetics registration certificates for special cosmetics and new cosmetic ingredients will be issued electronically from October 1, 2022.
As part of the drive to extend decentralization, the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA), the authority responsible for cosmetics in China, will issue electronic registration certificates for:
- special cosmetics that have been approved for registration
- new cosmetic ingredients that have been approved for registration
- special cosmetics that have been approved to change or extend their registration certificate.
Any previously issued paper registration certificate will continue to be valid during its validity period.
The introduction of electronic registration certificates for cosmetics is in accordance with the following laws:
- Administrative Measures for Registration and Filing of Cosmetics
- Electronic Signature Law of the People’s Republic of China
- Measures for the Administration of Electronic Certificates and Licenses of the National Integrated Online Government Service Platform (Trial)
- Measures for the Administration of Electronic Certificates of the State Drug Administration (Trial).
From October 1, 2022, registrants (domestic responsible person) for special cosmetics that have received approval to change the registration certificate shall return the paper registration certificate to the administrative licensing acceptance service department of the NMPA.
Once the electronic registration certificate for special cosmetics and new cosmetic raw materials has been generated, it will be uploaded to the Domestic Responsible Agent’s online account who will log in to retrieve it.
The benefits of introducing electronic registration certificates for cosmetics include:
- instant certificate collection (this saves 2 weeks waiting time as it typically takes 2 weeks to obtain a paper certificate)
- SMS alert to inform that the certificate is available
- certificate authorization by manufacturers for distributors or production companies using raw materials
- QR code on the certificate which can be easily scanned by interested parties to obtain the certificate information
- authenticity verification of the certificate can easily be done online by scanning the QR code or referring to the online database
- electronic certificates can be shared easily with anyone.
If you would like to learn more about electronic registration certificates or our registration and CRO services for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, IVDs, cosmetics, health foods, industrial or consumer goods in China contact Cisema.