China GB/T 9254.1-2021 emission requirements for EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) for information technology equipment, multimedia equipment and receivers came into force on July 1, 2022.
The new standard GB/T 9254.1-2021 “Information technology equipment, multimedia equipment and receivers—Electromagnetic compatibility—Part 1: Emission requirements” completely replaces GB/T 9254-2008 “Information technology equipment – Radio disturbance characteristics – Limits and methods of measurement” and GB/T 13837-2012 “Sound and television broadcast receivers and associated equipment – Radio disturbance characteristics – Limits and methods of measurement”. Standard GB/T 9254-2008 regulated the EMC guidelines for general information technology equipment, while standard GB/T 13837-2012 regulated the EMC guidelines for television and radio equipment.
Most information technology equipment needs CCC certification in China. Here are three lists of product categories that are affected by the newly implemented GB/T 9254.1-2021 standard:
List of audio and video equipment (under CNCA-C08-01: 2014)
- Mono and stereo speaker with total output power below 500W
- Audio power amplifier
- Audio and video recording, playback and processing equipment (including various types of CD-ROM, tape, hard disk, etc.)
- Color TV receiver and TV set-top box
- Electronic piano
- Power adapter (including charger / discharger) supporting audio and video equipment
List of information technology equipment (under CNCA-C09-01: 2014)
- Portable personal computers
- Computer display device
- Printing device connected to computers
- Multifunction printer and copy machine
- Power adapter (including chargers / dischargers) for information technology equipment, and built-in power supply for computers / servers
List of telecommunication terminal equipment (under CNCA-C16-01: 2014)
- Fax machine
- Data terminal
- Multimedia terminal
Moving forward, all new certification applications must be submitted under the new GB/T 9254.1-2021 standard. The deadline for certificate renewal is July 31, 2024, so that existing certificate holders have sufficient time during the 2-year transitional period to submit samples, and complete the application for renewal.
The TC10 expert group under the Certification and Accreditation Administration (CNCA) published a technical decision document on June 1, 2022, to list out the new changes in GB/T 9254.1-2021 in comparison to the previous standards being replaced.
Contact Cisema if you would like learn more about GB/T 9254.1-2021.