China motorcycle and brake hose regulatory updates have been released by the National public service platform for standards information (SAC) and the China Quality Certification Centre (CQC) respectively.
Brake Hose Standards
According to the SAC, the new standard GB 16897-2022 for “Structure, performance requirements and test methods of brake hose” came into force on January 1, 2023, replacing GB 16897-2010.
The updated requirements in comparison with the previous edition are:
- For the hydraulic brake hose assembly, the “rapid tensile strength”, “dynamic ozone resistance” and other performance requirements and test methods have been increased:
- the performance requirements of the test pressure of 20.0Mpa have been added to the “maximum expansion”
- the test method of “internal hole passing capacity after necking” have been changed
- the test conditions of “compatibility of brake fluid”, “cold resistance” and “ozone resistance” have been changed.
- For pneumatic brake rubber hose assembly, the performance requirements and test methods of “flexure fatigue” have been added, while the technical requirements and test methods of “zinc chloride resistance” have been removed
- For the vacuum brake hose assembly, the performance requirements and test methods of “heat resistance”, “cold resistance” and “combustion resistance” have been changed
- The performance requirements and test methods of pneumatic brake plastic hose assembly have been increased.
The CQC has amended the “Detailed Implementation Rules for Compulsory Product Certification of Motorcycles” (CQC-C1102-2021) to ensure the effective application of the “Implementation Rules for Compulsory Product Certification of Motorcycles” (CNCA-C11-02: 2021):
- Newly applied for certification
- As from January 1, 2023, motorcycles applying for new certification must meet the requirements of GB 16897-2022.
- Motorcycles that have obtained the compulsory certification certificate based on the old standard:
- The products that have obtained certification approval based on the old version standard must meet the new standard requirements from July 1, 2023, onwards.
- For products that have obtained certification approval based on the old version standard, the certificate of conversion must be completed before December 31, 2023. Otherwise, the certificate will be suspended. If the certificate conversion is not completed within 31 months of the suspension period, the certificate will be revoked. For certified products that have been delivered and placed on the market but are no longer produced on or after the implementation date (July 1, 2023) of the new standard, certificate conversion will not be necessary.
Read CQC’s original announcement on the revision of motorcycle CCC certification rules and the implementation of GB 16897-2022 and related requirements.
Read SAC’s publication on structure, performance requirements and test methods of brake hose.
Learn more about our China Compulsory Certification services.
Contact Cisema if you would like learn more about GB 16897-2022 and how it applies to your product.