On 05.07.2019 the authority CNCA (Certification and Accreditation Administration of the P.R. China) I published its announcement 34/2019 the decree of the Chinese market regulation authority SAMR (State Administration for Market Supervision). The published decisions are under the umbrella of the efforts of the Chinese State Council to standardize and simplify approval procedures.
The official Chinese announcement outlines three main points:
Category for explosion protection products has been included in the CCC catalogue
Products that fall under the category explosion protection (EX marking) in the P.R. China will become part of the certification system “CCC” (China Compulsory Certification) in the future.
A new implementing regulation on explosion protection for electronic equipment was published for this purpose. Document number: CNCA-C23-01 (revision 2019)
This regulation will come into force on 01. October 2019 and applications can be submitted to Chinese certification organizations, yet to be officially named. Previously obtained approvals, e.g. from the Chinese organization NEPSI, remain valid during the transitional period.
As of 01. October 2020, affected products without valid CCC certification may no longer be imported into and sold in the P.R. China.
In the new regulation 17 groups are indicated (unofficial translation from Chinese):
- explosion-proof motor
- explosion-proof electric pump
- explosion protection distribution systems
- explosion-proof switches, control and protection products
- explosion-protected starter products
- explosion-proof transformer products
- explosion-proof electric actuators and solenoid valves
- explosion-proof connection device
- explosion-proof monitoring products
- explosion-proof air conditioning and ventilation systems
- anti-explosion communication, signalling equipment
- explosion-proof electrical heating products
- explosion-proof accessories, Ex-components
- explosion-proof instrumentation products
- explosion-proof sensors
- safety barrier products
- explosion-proof instrument housing
It can currently be assumed that unlisted products will not be covered by this new requirement as long as CNCA and SAMR do not publish further notices.
Category Household gas appliances has been included in the CCC catalogue
Separate approvals were required for household gas appliances. From 01. October 2019, the CCC certification will be mandatory for three product groups:
- household gas cooker
- household gas fast water heater
- gas water heater
As of 01. October 2020, affected products may no longer be imported without valid CCC certification.
Refrigerators and refrigerated boxes with a volume greater than or equal to 500 litres will be subject to CCC certification
The scope of certification described in the implementing regulation CNCA-C07-01 (revision 2017) for household appliances and similar devices will be extended as of 01. October 2019 to include refrigerators and refrigerated boxes with a volume of 500 litres or more.
From 01. October 2020, affected appliances without valid CCC certification may not be imported into and sold in the People’s Republic of China.