From October 25th to November 1st, China SAMR publicly solicited opinions upon its release of the third draft on the measures of advertising review management for health food, FSMP, drug products and medical devices.SAMR had been open to public feedback from March 13th to April 13th and June 6th to June 26th followed by adjustments made to the first and second draft.
As revealed in the previous announcement and drafts, SAMR aims to formulate a major regulatory reference in future by requiring compliance for advertising health food, FSMP, drug products and medical devices including, but not limited to, the following conditions:
Content (e.g. name, application scope, composition):
- Must match the details in NMPA registration documents, certificate and IFU
- Must be legal and truthful
- Must not mislead or deceive users
- Personal use devices:
g. ‘Please read the instructions before using the device’ or ‘Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional when buying and using this device’
- If safety instructions & precautions are mentioned in NMPA certificate, they must be displayed clearly in the advertisement
e.g. ‘Please read carefully the precautions before using the device’
Approval number of the advertisement:
- Must be clearly indicated in the advertisement
For further information on the above topic, please contact us.