China electronic certificates for cosmetics registration was announced (No.156-2021) for trial implementation by the NMPA (National Medical Products Administration) on December 30, 2021.
- Starting from January 1, 2022, electronic registration certificates will be issued for special cosmetics and new cosmetic raw materials that have been approved for registration in accordance with the “Administrative Measures for the Registration of Cosmetics”.
- Starting from May 1, 2022, if the registration certificate of special cosmetics is changed or renewed, the electronic registration certificate will be issued.
- The electronic registration certificate and the paper registration certificate have the same legal effect. The electronic certificate has functions such as instant delivery, SMS reminder, certificate authorization, scan code verification, online verification, and network-wide sharing. The registrant shall correctly use and properly keep the electronic registration certificate.
- During the trial period, the electronic registration certificate and the paper registration certificate will be issued concurrently. At the same time that the paper registration certificate of special cosmetics and new cosmetics materials is issued, the electronic registration certificate will be automatically pushed to the legal representative space of the registrant (domestic responsible person) online service hall.
- The time for the official implementation of the electronic registration certificate for cosmetics will be announced separately.
By Jeff Jiang. Contact Cisema if you would like to learn more.